Shallow Ground Source Standard
The third GSHP Standard to be published is the Shallow Ground Source Standard which covers Horizontal Ground Heat Exchangers: Design, Installation & Materials Standards under the following headings:
- Government and regulatory agency requirements
- Design & installation - personnel & training requirements
- Design methods and compliance
- Soil thermal conductivity testing
- Ground heat exchanger pipe materials & jointing
- Pipe placement & backfilling
- Flush, purge & pressure test of ground heat exchanger
- Pumps, manifolds & pressurisation
- Thermal transfer fluids
- Design drawings and records
- Submittals & alterations to Standards
Installation of Ground Source Heat Pumps
To get the full benefit of a GSHP installation you will need to employ someone with design and installation experience. A ground source heat pump may not perform well unless it is incorporated in a good design by someone who understands the needs of the building, the use to which the building is being put and the local geology.
For more information on installation of ground source heating from an experienced source please contact one of our members.