Join us in the GSHPA
The GSHP Association is the focal point for business interests in the ground source heat pump industry.
The purpose of the Association is:
- to provide benefits to members
- to share best practice and develop and disseminate industry approved technical standards, training criteria and codes of practice
- to promote the highest standards of integrity, professionalism and technical competence within the ground source energy industry
- to represent the ground source heating & cooling industry, promoting sustainable use of the technology and engaging with government and other bodies to influence relevant policymaking.
All members must sign up to the Code of Ethical Practice which is backed up by a disciplinary procedure. Members agree to abide by the GSHP Standards published by the GSHPA.
Members are promoted as the best choice for ground source heat services and it is hoped they will enjoy, not only a financial gain in joining, but co-operation with others involved in the implementation of solutions to global warming and resource depletion and help to raise installation standards across the ground source industry.
The Benefits for GSHPA Members
The benefits for members include increased customer confidence resulting from
Promotion and publicity for your industry
- GSHPA has consistently argued the case for the UK to use ground source energy as the most efficient method of controlling carbon emissions.
- GSHPA has consistently put the case for improved RHI conditions and rates for the ground source industry:
- DECC confirmed dramatic increases in the rates of RHI for ground source heat pumps in December 2013
- DECC has recognised that its original intention of reducing RHI payments for the efficient use of the ground for seasonal thermal energy storage was damaging DECC's own objectives of controlling carbon emissions
Promotion and publicity for your company and an opportunity to increase sales through:
- inclusion on the GSHPA Members Directory
- inclusion on the Association's website – which is well indexed by search engines and includes names, contact details and a summary of services provided by each member and a link to each member's website
- Opportunity to input to the drawing up of technical standards
- Opportunity to influence government policies through membership of a lobbying Association
- Use of the Association's logo on your website and promotional materials
Keeping you up to date through,
- monthly newsletters
- frequent mailings on
- market information
- information from DECC and others
- updates on technical standards, government initiatives and equipment providers
Networking with the ground source industry in the UK and abroad.
The Benefits to the GSHPA of New Members
The GSHPA becomes a stronger voice for lobbying for the industry with each new member who joins. We welcome everyone aiming for high standards who serves the ground source energy industry and wishes to prosper with it including consultants, suppliers, drillers, trainers as well as installers of ground source energy systems.
We welcome utility companies who supply the electricity that runs heat pumps - they have an opportunity to demonstrate their commitment to renewable energy by supporting the high installation standards that the GSHPA promotes.
We welcome local authorities who have an opportunity to demonstrate their desire to see new construction projects incorporating green energy technologies.
Application to Join
Please follow the links below to understand what the GSHPA does, the criteria for membership, the Code of Ethical Practice, and the Application Form itself.
Help us to help you, and to help your business.
Alternatively you can apply to join the GSHPA on the fast track by just clicking here.