Thermal Pile Standard
The second GSHP Standard to be published is the Thermal Pile Standard which covers Thermal Pile Standards: Design, Installation & Materials Standards for thermal pile ground heat exchangers under the following headings:
- Government and Regulatory Agency Requirements
- Contractual Responsibilities
- Design and Installation - training requirements
- Design Methods and Compliance
- Thermal Response Testing
- Thermal Pile Concrete
- Loop Installation, Protection, Trimming & Headering
- Flush, Purge & Pressure Test of Ground Heat Exchanger
- Indoor Piping & Valve Vaults
- Thermal Transfer Fluid Requirements
- Design Drawings & As Built Records
- Monitoring and Checking Performance
We can send you a copy of the Thermal Pile Standard if you: click here.
Installation of Ground Source Heat Pumps
To get the full benefit of a GSHP installation you will need to employ someone with design and installation experience. A ground source heat pump may not perform well unless it is incorporated in a good design by someone who understands the needs of the building, the use to which the building is being put and the local geology.
For more information on installation of ground source heating from an experienced source please contact one of our members.